Week 4 Theme: Self-discipline and Actionable items

So today it will be another long post where I will journal through the prompts up to date 26. Then I'll do the rest tomorrow. Let’s do this!

Day 29

  • How are you feeling today?
    • Today is Tuesday. I have less meetings at work. I usually have more meetings in the evening no on Wednesday. Others are pretty slow and actually I’m more settled now because I decided to stay at my current house for another month means I have time to look for new place, I started my learning course at work. Finally after 2 months of be asking for it. And my friend is coming so I got to spend time and be a visitor in my own home. There is still 1 big things that hasn’t settled but that’s out of my hand. At this point I can just do my best and pray for the best. In summary, I’m okay.
  • What are you grateful for today?
    • Coffee + me time
    • I finish up item as on my checklist for the day
    • Walk back home… it’s always nice to walk back home. The journey has lots of trees and its comforting
    • Im catching up on the journal prompts post and not giving out. Im proud of myself
My ideal day in my ideal world is I wake up early at around 5.30am, meditate and just be by myself for 30-40mins and drink a glass of warm water. Then stretch and workout for 45mins. After that shower and get ready for work. on the day that I didn’t go to work early, I can spend an hour to study anything. Stay at the office till 5 or 530pm then I’ll walk back home. Once I’m home I can cook and watch TV. Hoping that I will make myself out of couch after dinner and shower, I will have time to study or read or do something that my future self will thank me for.
On the weekend, I would love to spend more time in the nature like hiking and and walk along the pier or watching sunset. Or meeting my friends four meal and board games. That would be it. Productive, enough rest and healthy physical and mind.

I realise that when it comes to study new language or leaning new skills, I am very impatient to see the result. Unlike reading or cooking you can see the progress right away like reading for an hour then you’ll finish a thin book. Cooking a raw food, it will become a meal then you eat and clean the kitchen. But when it comes to languages, i wont be able to understand or speak the language after a month study. So, it can become so frustrated so fast. I need to put some time to study and keep doing i\t and make it as part of the routine. Don’t think too much and keep doing it. Even when I dont feel like it. Habit to remove? Put a limit to how long I can watch movie/drama in a day. I just love watching anime and drama, sometimes I can just start watching something out of the blue and stuck there for 5 hours. It’s such waste of time! I need to put a time out can watch again tomorrow instead of trying to finish it in one sitting. Bad bad habit!

I believe that my distraction is comfort. The more stress I am the more I will look for. Watching TV over reading books. Sleeping over walk in the nature and the list go on. I have to teach myself to focus on making one decision at a time. And to choose less comfort and over the one that my future self will thank you for. Its still a process and I'm still working on it.

One main thing that I'm working on at the moment is self-discipline, to stay consistent and persistent. 1 habit that I'm working on at the moment is to put 2-3h a day to study and learn. Anything that can bring benefit to the future. 1h in the morning and 2h after work. I'm going to try that for a week at least to study French.

Accepting. Accept the learning is a journey and you have to be stupid to be smart. Beginning is always the hardest but it will get easier over time. Accept that things happen for a reason, you can’t control the things outside of your grasp but you can control how you react and how to handle things the best you can with what you have. Accept people as who they are. You can’t change people and people won’t change just because you demand they to. So believe it when they show you who they are.