Week 1 Theme: Self-Love and Self-Reflection

Day 5: Embracing Self-Love: Inner critics, demands and expectation

  • How are you feeling today?
  • - Pretty light and content. 1 moment at a time.. 
  • What are you grateful for today?
  • - Morning coffee with croissant (thanks Monica!)
  • - I got time to catch up on sleep as I sleep early last night
  • - Discover new town: Yuen Long


Happiness is very subjective. It can be big or small or simple or complicated. For this prompt, I will choose simple happiness so i can cooperate more into my daily life. 

Simple happiness is found in life's uncomplicated moments, often overlooked in the pursuit of grandeur. It dwells in the first sip of morning coffee, the warmth of a loved one's smile, or the gentle touch of a cool breeze on a sunny day. It's the laughter of children, the aroma of a favorite meal, or the joy of a good book on a quiet evening. Simple happiness resides in the beauty of ordinary things, reminding us that contentment doesn't always demand extravagance. It's a reminder that life's most profound and enduring joys can be discovered in the simplicity of existence, beckoning us to savor the everyday moments that make life truly extraordinary.

For me, I choose my morning routine. From the moment I wake to drinking coffee either at home or at the office. I go to the office early enough that I can have my quite time at the office drinking coffee and read or catching up on my emails. I love the morning quietness and only the sound of birds that you can hear. I didnt live in a apartment that has sunrise view. But hopefully, 1 day I can live there. Waking up early and watch the sun rise. And I take it to the next level when I go to a cafe for coffee and reading book. The background noise is comforting, as long as no one is shouting. This is 1 thing that I cherish daily and make it special before start my day.

Another thing that makes me fully alive is when I travelled. I love discovering new places and search for good coffee nearby. I didnt travel much these days that makes me feels sad. But its ok, 1 thing at a time. I will travel again when the situation permit.

How about you? Whats makes you the happiest and most alive?

Love,
Elsa