Week 3 Theme: Self-discovery and Mindfulness

Day 15: The Act of noticing and slowing down

  • How are you feeling today?
    • Today was better. I slept early last night, had a good rest, woke up early in the morning, workout, coffee and Eric Kayser and head to the office. Thankfully today I feel better. And I cried yesterday. So much so, that today I felt better.
  • What are you grateful for today?
    • Everything. Literally everything

I believe that the act of noticing is all about slow living, noticing the small things in life and notice all about oneself. For example, when you are walking to work, take your time to look around and notice whats in your surrounding, hows the weather today, how many people are on the road, did you see the cute dog at the side of the road? By noticing all these small things, make you feel more alive and appreciate the present. And when you slowed down and start thinking calmly then you can see things clearly and may notice things you haven't notice before. 

How this can improve your life? For example, I didn't realize how less water I drink in a day cause I was functioning on auto-pilot when I do something as part of the routine. So, I usually had my coffee after an hour or 2 hours of waking, that usually when Im at the office.Then I'll start working and I didnt drink any water until lunch. Then again I'll be stuck in the meeting and will drink later during dinner. After awhile, I can feel like my face skin is rough and the makeup doesnt look good. I'm more of a visual person. So when I notice the skin issue then I know that my body is lacking water. By noticing this, I tried to be more intentional to drink more water right after wake up, while getting ready, carry water bottle during work etc..

Be more aware on your surrounding, take time to notice things around you and you might be surprise with what you found.

Love,
Elsa