Week 3 Theme: Self-discovery and Mindfulness

As you can see I literally missing the whole 10 days. I did journal but its done privately mainly because I went through a roller coaster of emotion. In a day I can feel OK, sad then have no energy to even be out of the bed. But today and yesterday I was feeling better so I decided to pick it up. Today I will cover the theme for week 3 and tomorrow I will cover the theme for week 4 and finish off on 30th of November.

Day 27

  • How are you feeling today?
    • Happy Monday. Today was such a nice weather. I went early to the office today by tram. It was not as cold but a comfortable temperature. Had my coffee and start working on my tasks. I feels lighter today compared to the last couple weeks. My life may be crumbling but nice weather with good coffee means a great day ahead. So, I'm good.

  • What are you grateful for today?
    • I woke up early for work and had time to enjoy slow morning
    • Roof over my head and food on the table
    • Feeling better today compare to past days
    • Finish up my big task at work and starting up a whole new journey to upskill myself
I need to work on consistency and self discipline. Same as journaling or working out or reading before sleep etc that one thing I struggle the most. I can only keep doing the same thing over and over again if its very interesting or I'm forced to do it. If its something nice to have or good to have then its lil bit harder for me to keep doing it. And especially if I didnt see the result after putting some effort then I'm very likely to fail. For this time, for the 30 days of journaling, I really just want to stop and give up because I missed almost half of the daily entries for the month but then I realise that Nov has not finish so I still have the chance to do it. Be kind to myself and be my own cheerleader. So now I'm gonna pick it up where I left and keep going. Be kind, be patient and don't give up
When I think carefully for what makes me happy, there are few: Travelling, coffee and croissant, quiet and slow morning, hike to see the view, good food, spend time with friends and family, watching my fave shows. From the list, I tried to more as much as I can to wake up early and have slow morning. Once a week for coffee and croissant. Hiking on the weekend. Have a dinner or lunch at least once a week with friends. I live farther than my family so I can VC more with them. Travel will eed more money so I'll just travel around HK. So I definitely can do more to include activities that makes me happy in my daily routines.
Self-love can be your only survival mean, it can be the only thing that keep you going, it can mean your core value when living your life and it can be the turning point on when enough is enough. For me, self-love is fairly new concept. To be OK with things that didn’t go my way, to be graceful towards myself, to put more pressure on myself when it comes to self discipline. And most of all to believe that I deserve the best,  believe that my desires, desire me and all that jazz. So yes, I do believe that everything start with self-love. When you found love and peace within yourself everything won’t affect you much. You accept things happen for a reason and move like a water to navigate life. And be happy with yourself then you won’t try to get validation from the outside. 

One thing that I realise from early on, travelling makes me happy. Travel to foreign country, trying their food, see new things, be out of my routine for a bit and just living. I do love my morning coffee and quiet environment but travel just hit the spot differently. One of my best moments in life was when I traveled to South Korea last year and love there for couple months. It’s so fulfilling and exciting. But at some point, I miss my home. To live in a routine and have my on bed and be home literally. I’m trying to make travel as frequent as I can but things happen so I don’t know how much that can happen. I pray for the best

Hmm honestly I don’t really live by a motto or something but at the moment I do have a few that I’m trying to remind myself of. 
1 Your desires desire you
2 Things happen for a reason, believe the process and dont give up
3 What if things work? Then this will be it so dont stop trying
4 Rejection is redirection
5 Just because others get more doesn’t mean there will be less for you. Live in abundance


At the moment it’s my career. For the longest time, I was proud of my skills and abilities in providing my service and support my team in delivering high quality and effective services but then recently we have restructure in our company that totally threw me off the window. I was put in new team that doesn’t really my skills. So I have to learn how to learn totally new skills and thrive in new environment. I believe I dont afraid of change because change mean you can improve yourself and build yourself in better navigate life. But this one is very challenging. I become frustrated easily and set unrealistic expectation on myself. So I learn how to be more patient and accepting that I’m not where I want to be but I’m heading there. It’s a journey. And it’s good for the future so believe in myself more and have faith. Then I’m stronger that I think I am, more resilient and persistent.

That’s all for now. Hope it helps you dumping all your thoughts and feelings out.

Love,
Elsa