Salam and hi everyone,

Long time no see. How are you? I hope you are in the good health and everything going is well. I'm doing somewhat good and I can say that I am happy with my life at the moment. Its not yet where I want to be but its better than its used to be. I am thankful everyday for what I have and hopefully to have in the future.

So, enough ramble, onto todays post I want to share some photos from the Cheung Chau Island that my friends and I visited last couple weeks. I have few friends come visiting and decided to go to one of the island here in Hong Kong. Its located an hour ferry ride from the Hong Kong island. 

How to get there

There are 2 types of ferry that you can take from Central ferry pier, either the Ordinary Ferry or the Fast Ferry. The ferry go every 30mins and for which type you can check it on here. You can either buy the ticket from the ferry pier or just use your Octopus card. Its that easy. Bear in mind the schedule is a bit different between weekdays and weekend so you might want to have a look at what time that fit you best. I'll suggest to try both type as there offer slightly different services like aircond or outside sitting.

What can you see there

There are couple things you can do here: 1. Eating seafood 2. Short hike around the island 3. Rent a bike 4. Go to the beach

Once you get there you will see a lot of boats, bicycles, shops and restaurants. They have pretty much have everything from you need from McDonalds, 7 Eleven to Wellcome.






Pai Tak Temple
10 minutes walk from the Ferry Pier you will cross upon Pai Tak Temple. Its the main temple that have the main celebration held in front of it, the Cheung Chau Bun Festival that usually happen on May. Its medium size temple that is beautifully carved with stoned dragons.

Photo by @dadaniboy
Photo by @dadaniboy

This temple has lots of small spaces around it that lead to pretty door (room) like this or small garden.


The North Lookout Pavilion
you can enjoy the beautiful view of the island from this lookout point. Its located on the highest point tip of the island. Its been said that you can catch the beautiful sunset which I have yet to see.











The Tung Wan Beach
We took a different path to go back to the city from the peak and we saw the beach. Its quite.







Seafood Menu for Lunch
For lunch we decided to have seafood on this island. One of my friend just check on the google which one has the most ratings and was our restaurant of choice.


 I will definitely coming back to this island for another sight seeing and just hang out on the island. Its one of the best way to get away from the busy city sight and enjoy the view.