Week 1 Theme: Self-Love and Self-Reflection

Day 6: Embracing Self-Love: Healthy Boundaries

  • How are you feeling today?
    • Better than yesterday. Thankfully. I took time to be with me and reflects on myself... 
  • What are you grateful for today?
    • Had working session with one of my colleagues from different office
    • Being able to let go something that I really want but I know its not for me. Its not easy, but being able to accept it is a huge accomplishment. If its meant to be it will be.

Healthy boundaries are the cornerstone of self-respect and well-being. They are the invisible lines that delineate where our autonomy ends and another person's begins, creating a space for mutual respect and understanding. Setting and maintaining healthy boundaries is an act of self-respect, asserting that your needs, values, and limits are worthy of acknowledgment. These boundaries protect you from overextending yourself, prevent others from taking advantage, and ultimately enhance the quality of your relationships. They empower you to say "yes" when it aligns with your values and "no" when it's necessary, without guilt. Embracing healthy boundaries is a powerful declaration that you value yourself, your time, and your emotions, creating a path to a more fulfilling and authentic life.

I believe that I'm both introverted extrovert with more % of I. I love spending time by myself, doing my own thing but at the same time I love to spend time with my friends for coffee or just chatting and travelling. But when its time to socialize I can't do it for too long with so many people. If most of them are my friends then its somewhat manageable but if not I prefer not to join the party.

When it comes to boundaries, I started to say no just within these recent years. Either its related to time, how people treats me or not doing something that I don't want. I learn to say a solid NO. I won't degrade my level just because they refuse to meet me halfway. I not a big fan of those who can't keep their promise or didn't respect others time. And I hate people who treats others poorly but want to be treated like a saint. I can be petty. If I'm shitty towards you, you might want to mirror yourself first before blaming me. Sorry for my rant but I really hate gaslighting and manipulative people. I pray daily that God keep these people away from me.

I hope you can say NO when you need it. And being protected from these kind of negative, ill intention people. We deserve to be happy and valued. And I'm learning every day to be a better person and to raise my vibration.

Thank you for reading!

Love,
Elsa